Please check our Marine Savers employment page for more vacancies (and internships), and be sure to sign-up for our job alerts.
Vacancy : Marine Biologist, Maldives (January 2022)
We are seeking a highly motivated and out-going Marine Biologist to start in a brand-new role, based at a 5-star island resort in the Maldives (details provided during interview). This position is an exciting opportunity for a great communicator with a passion for marine conservation and a love for corals!
- Apply before: 13 February 2022
- Start date: April 2022
- Contract: full-time paid position, annual renewal.
Brief Job Description
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the resort’s Coral Propagation Program.
- Conduct marine life presentations, guest-oriented snorkelling activities and marine projects.
- Organise resort staff training in marine biology and conservation awareness.
- Communicate conservation activities to resort guests & management, and the Reefscapers team.
- Write illustrated reports (in English) of activities, updates and targets.
- Manage the Reefscapers social media accounts.
- BSc/MSc in Marine Biology/Environmental Science, Marketing/Communications.
- Outgoing personality, passionate about marine sciences and environmental conservation.
- Strong swimmer & qualified diver (essential) able to work long hours in the lagoon in all weathers.
- Good spoken & written English; multilingual preferred.