Marine Biology Internship, Maldives (closed)
We are seeking a creative, energetic intern to join the Reefscapers team, based at 5-star island resort Sheraton Maldives. This position is an exciting opportunity for a great communicator with experience of digital marketing and a love for the ocean!
- Assist with all aspects of the resort’s Coral Propagation Program.
- Learn to conduct our marine life presentations, guest-oriented snorkelling activities and marine projects.
- Take underwater photos and video of our coral restoration work.
- Expand Reefscapers social media presence and increase engagement to promote awareness.
- Develop new marketing materials and regularly publish new content.
- Edit and annotate photos and video for social media and guest presentations.
- BSc/MSc in Marine Biology (or related) with a passion for tropical marine conservation.
- Strong swimmer & qualified diver (essential) able to work long hours in the lagoon in all weathers.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience in photo/video editing and social media campaigning.
- Preference given to candidates able to start in early November 2022, and available work for the full 6 month period.