Vacancy : Marine Biologist, Maldives
We are seeking a highly motivated and out-going Marine Biologist to start in a brand-new role, based at a 5-star island resort in the Maldives (details provided during interview). This position is an exciting opportunity for anyone with a passion for corals, but priority will be given to fluent speakers of Russian and/or French (to align with resort clientèle).
Brief Job Description
- Set up from scratch, operate and maintain all aspects of the resort’s Coral Propagation Program.
- Conduct marine life presentations, guest-oriented snorkelling activities and marine projects.
- Organise resort staff training in marine biology and conservation awareness.
- Communicate conservation activities to Resort guests and promote coral frame sponsorship.
- Write illustrated progress reports (in English); create content for websites and social media (photos and video).
- Cultivate an effective working relationship with all levels of Resort staff and management.
- Fluent in English, plus Russian and/or French.
- BSc/MSc in Marine Biology/Environmental Science (or equivalent), with a good knowledge of corals.
- Outgoing, resourceful, strong swimmer, qualified diver (essential) able to work long hours in the ocean in all weathers.