Vacancy : Marine Biologist, Centre + Liveaboard
- Apply before: 31 January 2023
- Start date: February 2023 (to be confirmed)
- Contract: full-time paid position, annual renewal.
Brief Job Description
We are seeking a flexible, experienced Marine Biologist to help with our conservation programs. This role will be based at our Marine Centre/s at Four Seasons Resorts Maldives, with periods onboard the FS Explorer vessel (sea legs are essential!)
• Run guest excursions, snorkelling trips and activities.
• Join Four Seasons ‘Explorer’ cruises as our resident marine biologist (for up to six weeks duration).
• Support all programs: coral propagation & reef monitoring, turtle care, marine aquaria.
• Photograph and document marine life; collect data and perform data entry.
• Write illustrated reports (in English) of activities and targets.
The Ideal Candidate
• Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline (Marine Biology, Environmental Science).
• Experience in tropical marine conservation, with extensive knowledge of coral reefs and biodiversity.
• Comfortable working in remote locations, both afloat and on small islands.
• Confident swimmer/freediver; minimum PADI Dive Master (or equivalent) essential.
• Good written/spoken English (extra languages preferred) and experience in public-facing roles.
To apply, please download our full job description and carefully follow the application instructions: