Vacancy for a Marine Coordinator
Marine Environmental Communications Coordinator
Reefscapers is a marine consultancy company based in the Maldives, developing guest-oriented programmes for resorts through coral reef restoration, sea turtle rehabilitation, aquaculture and coastal protection.
We are seeking a highly motivated and out-going Environmental Coordinator to start in a brand-new role, based at a 5-star island resort in the Maldives (details provided during interview). This position is an exciting opportunity for a great communicator with experience in Public Relations and a passion for the marine environment.
Apply Before: 20 September 2019
Start Date: November 2019
Location: Maldives, North Malé Atoll
Duration: One-Year Contract (renewable)
Salary: 1,000 USD (+ small commission)
Hours of Work: Full-time position, 6 days a week
- Communicate conservation activities to resort guests & management, and the Reefscapers team.
- Write illustrated reports (in English) of activities, updates and targets.
- Develop marketing/communication strategies to promote Reefscapers national conservation efforts.
- Run the Reefscapers social media accounts (FB, Instagram, LinkedIn) to engage audiences.
- Create content for press releases, magazine articles and public awareness.
- Conduct marine life presentations, guest-oriented snorkelling activities and other marine projects.
- Photograph and document marine life; collect data and perform data entry.
- Organise resort staff training in marine biology and conservation awareness.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the resort’s Coral Propagation Programme.
- Manage the coral frame databases and photo updates for guest-sponsored frames.
- Conduct coral frame maintenance, photography & monitoring, and wider research studies.
- BSc/MSc in Marketing, Communications, Marine Biology, Environmental Science.
- Passionate about marine science and environmental conservation.
- Experienced in project management, photography, video editing, article/blog writing.
- Experienced with running promo campaigns across various social media platforms.
- Accurate computer skills and numeracy, including data collection and analysis.
- Experienced with Excel and databases (preferred); bonus: mapping software, programming.
- Previous experience of remote tropical island life in a customer-facing role (preferred).
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude, good team player, experience in giving awareness programs.
- Strong swimmer, qualified diver (preferred) able to work long hours in the lagoon under full sun.
- Physically fit non-smoker, able to carry 20kg weight.
- Good spoken & written English; multilingual preferred; organised and self-disciplined work ethic.
- Following the high standards of an international 5-star resort (guidelines will be provided).
- Participating in staff orientation and training.
- Greeting guests on arrival, discussing Maldives marine life and Reefscapers conservation programs.
- The salary for this position is $1000 USD per month plus a small commission.
- Includes return flights from the applicant’s point of relocation.
- One day off per week; 36 days’ annual leave.
- Uniform; same-sex shared accommodation, all meals.
- Basic DAN dive insurance (sports diver bronze).
How to Apply
Applications should be marked ‘Communications, North Malé, Maldives’ and consist of a CV, covering letter and contact details for 2 referees.
Send to: Sebastien Stradal at email@example.com
In your cover letter, highlight how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role. Please specify your preferred method of contact (phone or email) and indicate where you saw this position advertised.
Closing date for applications is 20 September 2019. Selected candidates will be contacted within one month.
Regrettably, due to limited resources and high numbers of applications, we only contact short-listed candidates. If you do not hear from us within one month, please assume you have not been successful.