Vacancy: Marine Environmental Communications Coordinator
Reefscapers is a marine consultancy company based in the Maldives, developing guest-oriented programmes for resorts through coral reef restoration, sea turtle rehabilitation, aquaculture and coastal protection.
Vacancy 2020 January
We are seeking a highly motivated and out-going Environmental Coordinator to start in a brand-new role, based at a 5-star island resort in the Maldives (details provided during interview). This position is an exciting opportunity for a great communicator with experience in Public Relations, a passion for the marine environment and a love for corals!
Apply Before: 24 January 2020
Start Date: February 2020
Location: Maldives, North Malé Atoll
Duration: One-Year Contract (renewable)
Hours of Work: Full-time position, 6 days a week
- Communicate conservation activities to resort guests & management, and the Reefscapers team.
- Write illustrated reports (in English) of activities, updates and targets.
- Develop marketing/communication strategies to promote Reefscapers national conservation efforts.
- Run the Reefscapers social media accounts (FB, Instagram, LinkedIn) to engage audiences.
- Create content for press releases, magazine articles and public awareness.
- Conduct marine life presentations, guest-oriented snorkelling activities and other marine projects.
- Photograph and document marine life; collect data and perform data entry.
- Organise resort staff training in marine biology and conservation awareness.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the resort’s Coral Propagation Programme.
- Manage the coral frame databases and photo updates for guest-sponsored frames.
- Conduct coral frame maintenance, photography & monitoring, and wider research studies.
- BSc/MSc in Marketing, Communications, Marine Biology, Environmental Science.
- Passionate about marine science and environmental conservation.
- Experienced in project management, photography, video editing, article/blog writing.
- Experienced with running promo campaigns across various social media platforms.
- Accurate computer skills and numeracy, including data collection and analysis.
- Experienced with Excel and databases (preferred); bonus: mapping software, programming.
- Previous experience of remote tropical island life in a customer-facing role (preferred).
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude, good team player, experience in giving awareness programs.
- Strong swimmer, qualified diver (preferred) able to work long hours in the lagoon under full sun.
- Physically fit non-smoker, able to carry 20kg weight.
- Good spoken & written English; multilingual preferred; organised and self-disciplined work ethic.
To apply, please download our full job description and carefully follow the application instructions: